Witnessing the 2002 Commune Election and the 2003 General Election have gave me the insight look at the voters' mentality.
The current Opposition party and the newly formed political parties claimed to have the numbers of members and supporters, more than enough for them to be the clear cut winner and the potential runner up or even would be a new opposition party for the 4th mandate. I just hope they are right but I would say it is extremely unlikely that they can turn the table around.
The result of 2002 Commune election and the 2003 General election have proved my finding on voters' mentality.
I used to say to my friends and relatives that "I am not convincing at all, when you see a person wears a T-shirt of a particular party, that he/she will vote for the party that he/she claimed to be a member of supporter", but in fact, I can guarantee you that majority of voters indeed will not make up theirs mind until the last few minutes when theirs name was checked and ticked on the voting list, when theirs finger was inked and the ballot paper was in their hand.
Rural and grassroots people's mentality are clear and simple and they would vote based on the developments and progresses in each individual region they are currently residing whilst people in the towns and capital are more complicated and they rather vote based on the party's ideology.

No comments:
Post a Comment